About Bourbon, Missouri
Bourbon, Missouri had its beginnings in the late 1800's.
Bourbon Economic Development Group, Inc. (BEDG) is an economic development organization that focuses on promoting business and economic growth in Bourbon, MO.
BEDG works closely with businesses, government agencies, and other organizations to identify and leverage opportunities for economic development. Its key initiatives include promoting Bourbon as an attractive location for businesses, providing assistance and support to businesses that are interested in relocating or expanding in the area, and fostering entrepreneurship and innovation.
BEDG generally meets the first Monday of each month. All meeting dates will be posted on our Events Calendar under the Events section on this website and on Facebook. We invite everyone to attend!
Bourbon Economic Development Group
Our rural landscape, set apart in the Ozarks foothills provides:
- Hiking / horseback riding trails
- Quality water recreation
- Agritourism activities
Our history dates back to the late 1800’s, a time when German immigrants built upon the railroad expansion westward:
- Be sure to take the “Barrel Tour” to learn of our community’s history
- Take some time to talk with our local businesses that have lengthy history; family and building structures
Route 66 took our community into a new era of expansion:
- Historic restaurants
- Picturesque lodging cabins
- Malt shops
- Era directed events such as our Annual Car Show (see our Events Calendar) to take us back into a more relaxed time of our community
- Walking / Bicycle community photo opportunity tours